This COVID-19 Coronavirus craze is really rocking our world… mass hysteria and confusion are on almost everyone’s mind. But just like everything else, there are many different ways to approach this.
Many are hunkering down and obeying stay-at-home orders, while others are spending countless hours wondering what they will do about their jobs, businesses or means of income. All of these are understandable given the circumstances that we find ourselves in today. There is, however, one important aspect that should not be overlooked. What can you do now that can benefit you in the future?
What I teach both my patients and my followers is how to properly question what is going on around them. Are you aware? Or are you just listening to “beware”? With regards to this pandemic, the questions I would ask are: “If” or “When” I get infected by the coronavirus, will I (or more like my body) be able to win this battle? Will my body succeed in nullifying any of the attacks or symptoms my body will feel? Will my defenses hold up against COVID-19’s best offense?
Asking these questions can help you focus your energies on finding solutions that will benefit you now and in the future. Whatever your answers may be, it’ll most likely lead you to more questions such as:
- How can I bolster my immune system?
- What is hampering my immune system?
- What can I take or do right now to minimize the attack?
The answer to these questions are NOT the same for everyone. What works for you may not work for your sister, your parents, or your child. That said, I believe that this is a good way for you to lay down your game plan.
Here is where I’d start:
- Question everything that goes into your mouth – this includes your prescription drugs, that breakfast meat you like to eat every morning, as well as that glass of red wine you like to sip at night. If you believe that it could be harmful, decide if you should continue.
- Identify possible toxins in your body that you could have accumulated over the years. One such toxin is metal. Are you metal toxic? Did you know that heavy metals can be found in food, drinks, and even in the air? If you don’t know then it’s about time to find out
- Take the time to examine your mouth and oral health. I am biased here because this is EXACTLY what I do at my office everyday. People come from all over the world wanting to know what in their mouth is hurting them. Oral health is not usually top-of-mind when it comes to keeping your whole body in top shape. Well, I’m here to tell you that this shouldn’t be the norm.
So keep asking the right questions. It’ll help you realize that your immune system is there for a reason. There are things around you that you can’t control, but in this case you can control how you can boost your immune system. The external virus will always be around us. If your immune system is locked and loaded, then the best case scenario is that you may have or had the virus and you never even notice it.